Camp Counselor Training – Day & Overnight Camp
1 to 4 hour training - we can customize to meet your needs!
Counselors are educated about the risk of abuse and bullying at camp, how to decrease the risk of sexual, physical, emotional abuse and bullying at camp. Counselors are made aware of the dangers and then given concrete skills and a language of safety that can be used immediately.
Topics include: Statistics on adult predators, statistics on Juvenile offenders, what grooming looks like at camp, what bullying looks like at camp, how to prevent abuse, how to prevent bullying, how to respond, how to get help, what a positive role model looks like and KidSafe language of safety.
• Educate counselors on the dangers to campers
• Make counselors aware of their role as “Role Model”
• Educate on appropriate boundaries
• Role Play “real life” situations
• Open the door to communication between Supervisors and all staff
• Decrease risk of abuse of campers
• Decrease risk of bullying of camper